1. If you have allowed them into your computer:
- ASAP dispute your credit card transaction with the bank.
- Contact a trusted computer technician and ask them to remove any last installed software programs.
2. Report a complaint to the following organizations:
- Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov
- FTC Consumer complaint center: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
RESOURCES AND BLOGS CONCERNING THIS ISSUE:
- Google search on Global Tech & Microsoft Scam
- Report a technical support scam to Microsoft
- Microsoft news article – Avoiding Technical Support Scams
- Microsoft news article – Get scammed or get savvy?
- Microsoft new article – Making the safe call: Avoid scammers
- YouTube video of captured telemarketer by IT technician
- View our blog for more about this problem
Please forward this blog post to friends, family and co-workers to help minimize the effects of this Internet Phone Scam.
Please visit our Blog page for additional information: https://info.globalit.com/?s=scam